Study in Spain | Pyramid eServices
Requirements to Study in Spain | Pyramid eServices

Requirements to Study in Spain

Eligibility Criteria

If a study course lasts longer than 90 days, a student has to obtain a long term study visa. This type of visa is granted to those students who have already been accepted into a recognized College or University in Spain. International Students who wish to pursue higher education in Spain must have a student visa before entering Spain. After entering the country, students must apply at a Police Station or Foreign Office for approval to stay in the nation.

Documents required for study visa:-

  • The student must prove being registered in a full-time course in Spain's College or University that Spain's Department of Education recognizes.
  • Evidence of complete fee payment for the course is a must.
  • The student must have a valid passport as a form of identity.
  • The student's passport must have at least two blank pages, and it must have been issued within the last ten years.
  • A photocopy of the completed application form is required.
  • A proof that the student is financially strong to bear up the expenses during his stay.
  • The student must show personal bank account statements.
  • The student must have acceptable Health Insurance in Spain.
  • There should be no criminal record of a student in the native country.
  • The student must provide a medical certificate that proves that they are free from any contagious disease and have good physical and mental health.
  • The student intends to exit the nation at the end of the authorized stay.

How to Apply Study Visa for Spain

Spain Study Visa Process

A valid visa is required to enter Spain, allowing you to stay in Spain for 90 days, but if an International Student comes here for a longer period, they must apply for a long-term visa. The Visa process can take time, so willing students must start the process as soon as possible. Before applying for a Spain student visa, look at the required documents and the processing time needed for the visa to be issued.

So to apply for Spain's study visa, you must follow the following steps:

  • Your process starts with a visa application form for Spain. To get the form, contact Spain's Diplomatic Mission or Consular Post in your country or get it online through the internet.
  • Complete all the details in the application form. Do not forget to put your initials on the form.
  • Collect the required documents for visa application. Make a checklist of the documents that you need to deposit along with your application form.
  • You must provide recent coloured photographs. You must ensure that your photos match all the specifications required for visa photographs. Your photos should not be older than six months. You have to submit two copies of passport sized photographs.
  • Students must have a look at the fees required for visa application. Application fee and mode of payment differ according to the country.
  • Take an appointment at the application centre to deposit your application. You must give a complete form in person at the Spanish consulate.
  • Pay the relevant fee for your visa application at the time of submitting your form.
  • After the submission, you can track your form online.
  • If your visa is issued, you will be informed regarding the issuance. Make sure that you collect the visa within a month of being notified about its issuance.
Apply Study Visa for Spain | Pyramid eServices
Work while Study in Spain | Pyramid eServices

Work while Study in Spain

Earn while Studying

A student can indulge in various types of part-time work so that they can pay for groceries. There are many rules for the students who don't belong to European Union. If a student knows how to speak the Spanish language, then he or she can easily get a job. Various kinds of jobs like tenders and waiters, amusement park attendants, University on-campus jobs and language tutors (who are fluent in Spanish) are available for students to earn Euros 7-10 per hour by work while studying. Here are some conditions for international students-

  • For full-time students, a restriction stamp must be on the passport.
  • Students can work for 20 hours/week during their studies, whereas they are allowed to work full-time on vacations.
  • Students are not allowed to start any self-employment or business.
  • Work rights are prohibited in the case if the course duration is less than six months.

Business Partners in Spain

EU Business School | Pyramid eServices

EU Business School


Register Now