Rules relaxed for Canadian Post-Graduation Work Permit
The new post-study work permit changes have brought significant relief to international students who wish to go back to home countries to meet their families while their applications for Post-Graduation Work Permit still in consideration. The International students who are waiting for a decision on their Post-Graduation Work Permit applications are now allowed to leave Canada and maintain their eligibility to work full time once they return.
Canadian government gives 180 days to international students to apply for a post-graduation work permit after their respective universities or colleges issue the final marks sheet. The period of 180 days was also extended last year on 14 February 2019.
International students, depending on the length of their study program, can work up to three years in Canada. The work experience gained through PGWP greatly facilitates graduates in paving their path to permanent residency through Express Entry System. There are three main economic class immigration programs, Namely, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
The aim of the Canadian government behind providing the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program to international students is to retain them as skilled workers to strengthen their economy. Under this program, international students get an open work permit with which they can work with any Canadian employer.
Post-Graduate Work Permit eligibility requirements
- International students must have completed their study program from a Designated Learning Institute. The study program may be academic, vocational, or professional training degree, diploma, or certificate program.
- The student must have maintained full-time student status during his or her academic sessions. Although, some exceptions may be made for taking leave and final study program session.
- The student must have received his or her academic transcript and an official letter stating that the student has met the requirements to complete their study program.
- International students who have completed their studies in Quebec have to meet additional PSWP requirements as per the policy of the province.
Post-Graduation Work Permit duration
- The duration of the PGWP depends on the length of the study program. To receive a PGWP, the period of the applicant' s study program must not be less than 8 months.
- If the applicant’s study program is more than 8 months and less than 2 years, they may get a PGWP extending up to 2 years.
- If the duration of the applicant’s study program in Canada is more than 2 years, they may get a study permit extending up to 3 years.
To study in Canada, students need to obtain a Canada student visa for which they have to show several documents which includes a valid passport, proof of funds, academic transcripts, medical certificate, proof of English language proficiency and many other requirements depending on a case. For more information on, Canada study visa and post-graduation work permit, it is recommended that students visit any of our branches or call us at 992563-92563 for an appointment. Pyramid eServices has been fulfilling the study in Canada aspirations of Indian students for more than 15 years.
पिरामिड ई सर्विसेस ने क्यूबेक, कनाडा में तीन लाइसेंस प्राप्त कॉलेजों के दिवालिया होने से प्रभावित अपने छात्रों के लिए सहायता की घोषणा की
पिरामिड ई-सर्विसेज क्यूबेक प्रांत के तीन