Study Masters in Australia
Australia offers a plethora of options for a master’s degree to international students. Talk about Art & Humanities or Social Sciences, Engineering & technology or Physical Sciences, Clinical & Health or Life Sciences - Australian universities have marked their presence in the top 50 universities of the world. In addition to that, their focus on critical thinking and research guidance has raised the benchmark of higher education. Students coming to Australia for post-graduation courses get world-class education and skills that prove handy in the real world job environment.
To ensure the quality education, Australian law keeps a check on the educational institutes through the National Code of Practice and Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS). In addition to that, organisations like Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) help in ensuring quality learning in higher education institutes.
Master’s Degree Formats
Students enrol themselves in a variety of master programs in Australian institutes to get in-depth knowledge of their chosen subject. Australia provides a master degree in three types of format.
- Masters by Coursework The coursework Qualification is a set of core modules along with elective modules. This format involves regular pattern of study like attending classes, completing assignments and taking exams. It is suitable for students who comfort in regular study pattern or want to change their career path. It is suitable for the overall development of a student.
- Masters by Research This format demands submission of a research project. Students complete their thesis and submit to their supervisors. The research is mostly independent but may involve guidance on some modules from their supervisors. This format is suitable for students who eye on PhD programs, like working independently on a single topic for their career.
- Master’s degree (extended) This format involves work projects. It demands related experience and qualification. It is for professionals who want to grow in the field of medicine, law, social work etc.
Generally, the time duration to complete the MS depends upon the type of course and it’s content. On average, it takes one and a half to two years to finish a master’s degree program. As stated earlier, the time may exceed depending upon the format and program.
Universities of Australia:
There are 43 universities available for masters in Australia. Many of them have more than one campus. Here is a short list of some popular universities.
- Australian National University
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales
- University of Queensland
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
- University of Adelaide
- University of Sydney
- Monash University
It is advisable to students to check with Pyramid eServices’ consultants to get in-depth information about universities and educational institutes available for Master’s in Australia.
Requirements for Masters in Australia
Australian universities have no centralised system for Students. Every university has a different set of rules and criteria for their courses. The in-depth detail of different requirements is available on their respective websites. First and foremost students need to get a certificate of confirmation from the institute they want to study in. In addition to that, they require an Undergraduate degree in the relevant field. In some cases, minimum marks or grades are also required. In addition to that, students may need to provide additional details of their academics. In some cases, reference from employers and/or an individual statement to show the reason of interest is required.
The language proficiency tests marks the students ability to converse in English language. Most of Australian institutes have different English language requirements. Generally, they accept the following tests.
- Cambridge advanced English test (C1)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
the basic visa requirements for masters in Australia are
- eCoE certificate (electronic Confirmation of Enrolment)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement
- Funds for living, fees and air travel
- OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover)
- Academic certificates
Work while Study
Depending upon the type of visa and other course conditions, students can work for 40 hours in two weeks. Of course, there are restrictions on the type of work they can do.
Study requirements for masters in Australia can be confusing. Students may need to provide additional documents. Our consultants at Pyramid eServices can provide you with full information about your requirements for a Masters in Australia. Please visit us or contact through our website.
It is no secret how adversely the coronavirus pandemic
ਯੂਕੇ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੇ ਕੋਵੀਸ਼ਿਲਡ ਦੇ ਦੋਨੋ ਟੀਕੇ ਲਗਵਾਏ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਲਈ 10 ਦਿਨਾਂ ਦੀ
Studying in Canada has become one of the most sought-after decisions these