UK Student Visa Requirements For Indian Students
Comprising of four countries - England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales - the United Kingdom is a great place to study for International students. Approximately 500,000 International students take admission in UK’s colleges and universities each year. Many best universities of the world are in the United Kingdom such as the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, University College London etc. Moreover, around 131 Nobel Prize Laureates are from this land. It has over 395 universities and colleges that offer around 50,000 courses. Many of them also provide scholarships to international students. The UK is a wonderful place to live and its people are from various religion, making it a beautiful multicultural place to live and study for international students.
There are three types of student visas available for study in the UK. The type of visa required to study in the UK depends upon the course and the age of the student. Here is the information of UK student visa requirements for Indian students.Learn more about Study in UK
Short-term study visa:
for the Short-term UK student visa requirements for Indian students, the student must meet the following requirements
- Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) by the University or college in which the student wants to take admission
- A Proof of financial capacity to bear the living and study expenses and the financial capacity to go back to home country after completing the course.
Moreover, if the student is under 18
- He must have parent’s permission to study in the UK
- He must have made prior arrangement to travel and stay in the UK
General student visa (Tier 4):
General student visa (Tier 4) requirements for Indian students, Students must meet the following requirements
- minimum age required to apply for this visa type is 16 years.
- A Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) by the educational institute in which the student wants to take admission
- A Proof of financial capacity to cover the cost of the study and the cost of living for the duration of the course
The maximum time allowed in the UK before the course starts
- If the duration of the course is 6 months or less then the student can go a week before the course starts.
- If the duration of the course is more than 6 months then the student can go a month before the course starts.
Child student visa (Tier 4):
as the name suggests it is for the children/students who cover the following requirements
- The age is in between 4 and 17 years
- An unconditional Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) by the licensed to sponsor migrant students under Tier 4
- Enough financial capacity to cover the cost of the study and the cost of living
Other documents required for Type 4 visa
- Current passport and associated documents
- Proof of approval from parent/guardian if under 18
- Relationship proof with parent/guardian if under 18
- Result of Tuberculosis test if applicable
- Proof of language competency (IELTS or other recognized tests)
The student must take note of that they have to pay for the healthcare surcharge before applying.Band Requirement for UK Study Visa
These were the basic UK student visa requirements for Indian students. In addition to that, based on the individual case, there may be other requirements that the student must fulfil to get the UK study visa. For the in-depth information and more detailed guidelines. Please contact us for free counseling.
Study in the UAE- A comprehensive guide for international students
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has emerged as a favored choice among Indian students due to its
What are SDS and Non-SDS Application that students need to understand to apply for studying in Canada?
Canada has emerged as a highly preferred destination for international students
IRCC approves 4 New English Tests For Canada Study Visa Under SDS
In a significant development specifically aimed at enhancing opportunities for international
Comprehensive Guide: Pathways to Permanent Residency for International Students in Canada
Canada's reputation as a top destination for international