How Canadian universities are battling with coronavirus
The new coronavirus disease is spreading at a time when the number of international students in Canada is all time high. International students all around the world have indeed been affected in one or another way by the novel Coronavirus outbreak. Many aspiring students are worried about their future; they have doubts about going abroad or whether the international universities will accept them for upcoming intakes or not.
If you are researching and applying for summer or fall programs at this time, you should be sure to stay on top of breaking news and seek extra guidance from Pyramid’s overseas education experts. Our experts are constantly in touch with the delegates of international universities and colleges, and they will update you with the status of their institutes.
At this time on march 11, the Canadia's Public Health Agency has assessed the public health risk associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19) as low for the general population in Canada, but this could change rapidly.
A growing number of universities and colleges are closely monitoring the situation and issuing advisories and guidelines to their students and employees. And they are taking appropriate steps to battle with this epidemic. Some of the actions taken by Canadian universities include
- Issuing warnings and guidelines
- Teaching about coronavirus
- Moving classes online
- Sanitizing Campuses
- Temporarily closing institutions
- Cancelling travel, etc.
How top Canadian universities responding to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- McGill University’s Academic Planning Group is examining distance-learning options and alternate modes for teaching and exams.
- The UBC has instructed its students to follow the advice of the BC Centre for Disease Control and its senior-level committees working to develop plans and responses to the evolving situation.
- The university of waterloo has suspended all travels outside Canada that are not vital to their academic mission.
- The Campuses of University of Alberta are open as on March 11, and the university is preparing to safeguards its students and employees.
- The University of Saskatchewan is adhering to the COVID-19 travel protocols established by Federal and Provincial bodies to protect members of the university community.
- The York university’s researchers will receive $1.1 million in COVID-19 research funding currently all the All academic activities at the university are proceeding as scheduled, but they are closely monitoring the situation.
- The Brock university has increased Cleaning and disinfection efforts significantly at its sites.
- The Lakehead University has decided to postpone large public gatherings on both Campuses, also the university has put restrictions on students and employees on international travel.
- The University of Fraser Valley is monitoring the outbreak currently and there are no known cases.
- Similarly, other Canadian universities such as Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Thompson River University, University of Prince Edward Island, Royal Roads University and many others are taking appropriate measures to prevent the virus.
Canada government invests $27M in coronavirus research
Even the Government of Canada is investing $27M in coronavirus research. The Details of the funding is as follows.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is contributing $16.4M
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) is contributing $700,000
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) is contributing $900,000
- Canada Research Coordinating Committee (CRCC) through New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF) is providing $7M
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is providing $1.5M to researchers, collaborators from research institutions based in low- and middle-income countries
- Genome Canada (GC) is contributing $250,000
Pyramid is committed to providing the most authentic and accurate information. However, updates on coronavirus and the universities measures are changing on a daily basis. Students are advised to visit university websites or consult with our visa experts to know about the latest updates and intakes.
It is no secret how adversely the coronavirus pandemic
ਯੂਕੇ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੇ ਕੋਵੀਸ਼ਿਲਡ ਦੇ ਦੋਨੋ ਟੀਕੇ ਲਗਵਾਏ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਲਈ 10 ਦਿਨਾਂ ਦੀ
Studying in Canada has become one of the most sought-after decisions these