Canada Student Visa Requirements for Indian students
Indian is the number one country from where students go to Canada to complete their higher education. As per the CIC News, around 140,000 Indian students came to Canada in 2019, representing 35 percent of total international students. Canada to study in Canada, Indian students typically need to fulfill Canada student visa requirements which are as follows
Indian students willing to study in Canada are required to meet Canadian student visa requirements, which are as follows.
A study permit is an essential document issued by IRCC to international students who want to study in Canada. It is not a Canadian visa, but it allows international students to study at designated learning institutions (DLIs) while in Canada.
Designated learning institutions or DLIs in Canada are those Canadian universities, colleges, or educational institutes that have permission to host international students.
Canadian study Permit usually remains valid for the length of the program that the applicant takes, plus an extra 90 days. Additional 90 days are given to the applicants so that they can either travel back to their home country or extend their stay.
How to get the Study Permit
The study permit is typically given to the applicant by an immigration officer at the airport. However, to receive it, the applicant must present a letter of introduction, your valid passport, and other documents required for a Canada visa.
To obtain your Canada student visa, you must first have an acceptance/offer letter from a Canadian university or college. The institution you apply may ask your academic details, English language competency proof, payment of fees, etc. In addition to this, the institution may ask you to fulfill subject-specific requirements before issuing an acceptance letter.
Student Direct Stream
Canada allows legal residents of 7 countries, including India, to get their study permit quicker through the SDS stream. Under SDS, students may get there Study Permit within 20 days provided that meet the eligibility criteria which include
- A proof of payment of tuition fees, which can be a receipt from DLI, or an official letter confirming the amount to DLI or a receipt from your bank showing you paid your payments to your university or college.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate, which is a Canadian investment that is later returned in installments over 10 to 12 months after you arrive in Canada
- IELTS overall 6.0 bands
- a medical certificate from a doctor that has been approved by IRCC
- A police certificate showing no criminal record against you
If you do not meet the requirements, you may file their application under the regular study permit application process, also known as Non-SDS or General Category Visa.
Documents required for Canada student Visa
Here is the list of the essential documents that you will need to study in Canada. However, you may need other documents to get your Canada Student Visa as no two cases are similar.
- A valid passport
- An acceptance letter from a DLI, i.e., Canadian university or college
- Proof of payment of tuition fees for your first year of study
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
- Your medical certificate showing you are in good health to travel and stay in Canada
- Proof of no criminal record against you, i.e., police certificate
- Proof of proficiency in English, which you can provide by taking IELTS, Duolingo, PTE, TOFEL, etc.
- Passport Size photographs
- Copy of Academic Documents
- Evidence of job experience (Optional)
- If you are planning to study in Quebec, you will need a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
If you are planning to study in Canada, then it is recommended that you should start the application process 2-3 months earlier then the start of your session so that you have sufficient time to complete all the formalities. If you are filling your application to study in Canada, it is recommended that you take the guidance of our Canada visa experts. Pyramid eServices has tie-ups with hundreds of Canadian universities and colleges, and has fulfilled the study in Canada dream of thousands of students in the last 15 years. To study in Canada, Call us on 92563-92563 or visit any of our branches.
It is no secret how adversely the coronavirus pandemic
ਯੂਕੇ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੇ ਕੋਵੀਸ਼ਿਲਡ ਦੇ ਦੋਨੋ ਟੀਕੇ ਲਗਵਾਏ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਲਈ 10 ਦਿਨਾਂ ਦੀ
Studying in Canada has become one of the most sought-after decisions these