There are Several requirements to get admission in Canadian Institutes, which students have to meet,
whether it is an undergraduate or a postgraduate program. But the requirement criteria may vary depending
on the field of studies, programs and other relevant factors. Students must have an offer letter of the College/University
before applying for a study permit. Some documents are also required for the Canadian Visa process.
- A valid passport: Passport is the main requirement for any kind of visa. Students need a valid passport to become eligible to apply for a Study Permit. According to the Canadian High Commission, students must have a passport with a validity to cover the intended stay in Canada.
- Proof of Funds: Students have to show Proof of Funds at the time of Study Visa Application. Such funds are to prove that a student has enough money to pay tuition fees as well as daily expenses. These funds include charges for one year stay as well as fair for a return to home country.
Passport Size Photographs: Students need two passport sized photographs of given standards.
- Image size should be at least 35 mm X 45 mm.
- The Image should not be older than 6 months.
- Background should be plain or white.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME): International Students who want to go to Canada for higher study have to pass through a compulsory Immigration Medical Examination. Students have to visit the listed doctors for a Medical examination, preferably a week before the start of Visa Application.
Apart from the above, additional documents may be requested by the Interviewer. These may include:
- Academic Documents
- Score Card of Language Proficiency Test
- 2 letters of recommendations
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)